Review & Swatches - Wet 'n' Wild Spring 2011 FastDry Polishes: Part 1

Hey guys!

So as promised in my last post, here are swatches of some of the new Wet 'n' Wild Fast Dry polishes for Spring. There are still a few colours that I don't have but I plan to get them at some point which is why I titled this post Part 1.

Oh, and one of the colours that is not pictured here is Party of 5 Glitters which I did a swatch comparison (with Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday) and review of here.


Photobucket

Photobucket


Keep reading to see swatches and read the review!



Photobucket
SaGreena the Teenage Witch

Photobucket
SaGreena the Teenage Witch (frosty emerald green)

Photobucket
Gray's Anatomy

Photobucket
Gray's Anatomy (a metallic light gunmetal gray with a green/purple duochrome)
I've read that this one is a dupe for Deborah Lippmann's Wicked Game but I don't own that one so I'm unable to do a comparison. However, it does look rather similar to OPI's Not Like the Movies from the Katy Perry collection.

Photobucket
The Wonder Yellows

Photobucket
The Wonder Yellows (bright sunshine yellow frost)

Photobucket
Buffy the Violet Slayer

Photobucket
Buffy the Violet Slayer (bright violet frost)

Photobucket
9.0.2.1.Orange

Photobucket
9.0.2.1.Orange (bright orange with gold micro glitter)

Photobucket
Everybody Loves Redmond

Photobucket
Everybody Loves Redmond (bright orange-red creme)

Photobucket
Teal of Fortune

Photobucket
Teal of Fortune (shimmering teal)
This one reminds me a lot of the Zoya Charla/OPI Catch Me in Your Net phase of last year.

Photobucket
The Gold & The Beautiful

Photobucket
The Gold & The Beautiful (gold glitter in a clear base)

Photobucket
How I Met Your Magenta

Photobucket
How I Met Your Magenta (bright barbie pink with subtle shimmer)

Photobucket
Sage in the City

Photobucket
Sage in the City (grassy green frost)

Photobucket
Hannah Pinktana

Photobucket
Hannah Pinktana (mauve-pink with a subtle holographic finish)

Photobucket
The Wonder Yellows, Gray's Anatomy, SaGreena the Teenage Witch

Photobucket
Everybody Loves Redmond, 9.0.2.1.Orange, Buffy the Violet Slayer

Photobucket
How I Met Your Magenta, The Gold & The Beautiful, Teal of Fortune

Photobucket
Hannah Pinktana, Sage in the City


The formula on these was just ok. I mean, it wasn't difficult to work with but it wasn't the easiest either. Also, most of the frosts had streaking problems. In terms of opacity, all of the swatches above are 3 coats aside from Everybody Loves Redmond which only needed 2 coats. These are branded as FastDry polishes but I didn't find that they dried faster than any other regular polish.

I wish I had gotten a picture of the brush (I'll make sure to get one for the Part 2 swatches/review) because it had a very odd shape. It's like it's straight all the way across until you get to one side when it slants upwards. SO strange! It doesn't make application too difficult but it doesn't help either. I think a brush re-design is definitely in order.

The names of the polishes are some of the cheesiest I have ever seen but I actually like it because they make me smile. :)

The price of these polishes is very reasonable. I paid $2.84 for each bottle at Wal-Mart and I've read that you can find them cheaper ($1.99) if you look around. However, at either price, it's definitely a great value.

Keep an eye out for Part 2 of this post where I'll swatch the rest of the colours and I'll also include a picture of that wonky brush!

 
© 2010 Copyright by Beauty Nail Art