Review & Swatches - OPI Katy Perry Collection

Hey guys!

I'm SO excited to finally show off my new Katy Perry by OPI polishes! My local Chatter's still doesn't have these in but I was lucky enough to be told that another salon in the area had them and because I was busy writing a paper, the bf was lovely enough to go and pick these up for me. :)

Photobucket


Keep reading to see swatches and read the review!


Photobucket

Photobucket
The One That Got Away (very deep raspberry red with a glass fleck finish)

Photobucket

Photobucket
Teenage Dream (a sheer base with small pink glitter and larger opalescent glitter)

Photobucket

Photobucket
Not Like the Movies (a metallic light gunmetal gray with a green/purple duochrome and flecked with tiny pieces of silver glitter)

Photobucket

Photobucket
Last Friday Night (a very sheer blue base with iridescent and bright blue glitter)

Photobucket

Photobucket
Black Shatter Top Coat

Photobucket
The One That Got Away, Teenage Dream, Not Like the Movies, Last Friday Night

Photobucket
The One That Got Away, Teenage Dream, Not Like the Movies, Last Friday Night

Photobucket
The One That Got Away, Teenage Dream, Not Like the Movies, Last Friday Night

(I posted all 3 of these to try to show how duochrome-y Not Like the Movies is.)

Photobucket
(All with Black Shatter Top Coat and Seche Vite) The One That Got Away, Teenage Dream, Not Like the Movies, Last Friday Nightt


The formula was good on all of these, I especially liked the formulas for The One That Got Away and Not Like the Movies, they were both effortless to apply. Last Friday Night seemed a little thick but I didn't find it hard to work with. As far as opacity goes, The One That Got Away and Teenage Dream were 3 coaters while I used 4 coats for Not Like the Movies and Last Friday Night. Last Friday Night will probably best be used as a layering polish because it probably will never be fully opaque but it still does look nice on its own.

If at all possible, I'm even more in love with Black Shatter than I thought I would be! I can't wait to play around with some of the other colours I have in mind to go under it (CG Lighthouse, for example)!

A few tips for using Black Shatter:

- Make sure your polish is dry before applying it. If it's not dry, Black Shatter won't crackle as much and you'll be left with only a little of your base colour peeking through. Because my swatch of Last Friday Night is 4 coats, 2 of which were on the thicker side, it wasn't entirely dry when I applied Black Shatter and that's why the crackle effect isn't as great for that one.
- Apply it quickly with as few amount of brush strokes as possible. Black Shatter is very fast acting so you don't want to play around with it, just brush it on quickly and let it do it's thing.
- The shattered pieces may flake off so for a longer lasting mani, add a top coat. But, if you like the matte finish look, skip the top coat.
- A thin coat of the shatter polish will shatter more and thus provide smaller shattered pieces on the nail (my swatch of Teenage Dream was a thin coater) and a thicker coat will provide more chunky looking shattered pieces (such as my swatch of The One That Got Away).

Hope this was helpful!

 
© 2010 Copyright by Beauty Nail Art