June Favourites

Here are my favourite/most used makeup and nail products for the month of June.

MAC "Pinch O' Peach" Blush

This blush has become my number one go-to blush since I got it a couple of weeks ago. It's a beautiful pink colour with a touch of peach. It's a perfect colour for super pale folk like me who just want a wash of subtle colour. This is also the perfect colour for the summer month; it's not very coral-y which you see a lot of during the summer and it's light enough that it just provides the perfect amount of colour so that your look is still fresh and it doesn't even look like you're wearing blush.

Price: $18.50 CND (in pan form) / $22.00 CND (in pot form)
Where to buy: MAC

Wilaverde Nail Polish Remover

I posted about this in Part 1 of my series on great drugstore finds but I must reiterate the awesomeness that is this nail polish remover. My cuticles are currently in the best shape that they have ever been in and that is because of this polish remover! Up until using this stuff, I was using generic drugstore brand nail polish remover and it was drying the crap out of my poor cuticles. Nothing was helping to get them moisturized either, not even my LUSH Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter (although, it was doing a rather good job, it just wasn't enough to save my cuticles from the acetone damage I had put them through). So, I have been using this polish remover for about 3 weeks and the change in my cuticles is rather significant. In hindsight, I wish I had taken a photo of my dry, damaged cuticles so that I could demonstrate just how much this polish has helped.
Anyway, the long and short of it is that this polish remover has become a holy grail product for me and I would recommend it 100% If you want to know more about the product, check out my slightly more in depth review on it here.

Price: $5.97 CND for 8 fl. oz
Where to buy: Wal-Mart

MAC "All That Glitters" Eyeshadow

This is another MAC permanent item that has recently become a staple of my collection. This is a veluxe pearl and it's described on the MAC website as a "midtone beige with gold reflects". I think that this is the perfect everyday colour that provides just a sheer wash of beautiful shimmery gold without being overpowering. I work at a restaurant and since I don't want to go all-out with my makeuo like I usually would, I like to wear this colour to work. I usually just prime my lid with painterly paint pot, sweep this on my lid with a MAC 224 brush, add some mascara, a little blacktrack fluidline on my waterline and I'm good to go. This colour is a must-have in my books.

Price: $13.00 CND (in pan form) / $17.50 CND (in pot form)
Where to buy: MAC

I know it's not much this month but I have been working a lot so I haven't had a chance to play around with makeup/nail polish as much as I would have liked.

 
© 2010 Copyright by Beauty Nail Art