Sinterklaas

The very first post on this brand new blog is about Sinterklaas. Sinterklaas is a traditional Winter holiday figure in the Netherlands (and in a very few other countries), celebrated annually on the 5th of December. (Thank you Wikipedia.) He's some kind of Santa Claus: they both wear red, have a white beard and come along in December to give presents to children. Actually, Santa Claus is derived from Sinterklaas! Dutch people brought the celebration to other parts of the world and started to pronounce it in an English way. Anyway, I'm going to celebrate it this weekend with my family so I painted Sinterklaas' head on my nails!


For the beard I used a sponge, a nail art pen for the eyes and mouth and a striper for the little yellow cross. But if you just omit the crosses and perhaps add a little white... it's Santa!

For my fellow Dutch nail art fans who're not that experienced yet, here's a picture of my nails last year (it's only Sinterklaas' hat). This is something anyone can do!

 
© 2010 Copyright by Beauty Nail Art